Allegheny County Dept. of Human Services:
We are currently accepting resumes for the Youth Support Partner (YSP) Position. This is a Peer Mentor program that works with youth ages 14-21. In order to be a Youth Support Partner, it requires you to have had personal involvement with a child-serving system. WORK-RELATED EXPERIENCE DOES NOT COUNT.
Personal experience includes the following:
- Child Welfare (CYF) – Foster Care, Independent Living, Kinship Care, etc.
- Behavioral Health/Mental Health, Drug and Alcohol
- Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities
- Juvenile Probation (JPO) – Any involvement with the Juvenile Probation System
Again, working in these systems does not qualify for this position—you must have been the one receiving service.
Examples include the following:
- JPT/Behavioral health: Severe emotional diagnosis before 19; behavioral health, diagnosed with depression, anxiety or eating disorders, ADHD, ADD etc.
- CYF: Child welfare, removed from parents home, foster care or adoption
- IL: Independent living services
- JPO: Charged with a criminal offense, in juvenile placement/detention center or have had a parole officer
- OID: intellectual disabilities
- Shelter: Been placed in a shelter for any given time
If you identify with any of the above criteria send your resume` to Aaron Thomas at Aaron.Thomas@AlleghenyCounty.US. Someone will be in touch with you shortly to pre-screen you for the position